Vacancy: Nature Based Solutions Delivery Team
CSX Carbon is seeking new, enthusiastic and highly motivated team members.
These new roles will help expand the work CSX is developing to transform carbon and biodiversity offsetting MRV from ‘Monitoring, Reporting & Verification’ to MMV ‘MEASUREMENT, Monitoring & Verification’.
Through our development plan, CSX is creating the infrastructure for a transformative and trusted biodiversity and carbon market. CSX will enable land managers to access private funding for environmental projects and will provide businesses with a transparent, verified audit trail for carbon and biodiversity credits. CSX will enable land managers and businesses to work together to accelerate the fight against the climate and biodiversity crises.
The new jobholders will expand the CSX team, engage with stakeholders, e.g., land owners, farmers and corporate buyers, and help them to understand the opportunities these developing markets present. The roles will involve supporting the gathering of site data and identifying ways of analysing this data that can deliver added value. Critical to success in the roles will be presenting the analysed data to the stakeholders, and supporting them on the journey of monitoring the results from the land management change.
These career opportunities in our early stage and innovative business are fundamental to allowing CSX to bring trustable biodiversity gain and carbon supply to the voluntary markets, by supporting land owners in managing their natural capital and enabling buyers to independently demonstrate and verify their climate actions. To learn more visit http://www.csxcarbon.com
- A full-time role with CSX Carbon.
- Location: Northallerton, North Yorkshire.
- On the job training and support.
- Be part of a young, dynamic and fast developing business.
- Competitive starting salary based on skills and experience.
- Company share equity option bonus scheme.
- Degree, further education or experience in a relevant technical subject (e.g forestry, physics, engineering, mathematics, geography, environmental sciences, data science).
- A keen interest in the Natural Environment.
- Ability to engage with stakeholders, explain the work being done, and take them on the journey of the benefits presented by better understanding the results of the environmental land management.
- Desire to build a career at the forefront of delivering Natural Capital improvements through Nature Based Solutions.
- A good command of English, both written and oral.
- Collaborative team player with good communication skills.
- Flexibility, ability and willingness to travel and undertake site visits and field work across the UK.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as R, Matlab or Python.
- Familiar with GIS and Remote Sensing software.
How to Apply
Send CV and application letter to: email@example.com